Position Title: Rewind Operator Date: 07/19/2023
Reports To: Assistant Foreman FLSA: Non-Exempt
Loading large master rolls into the rewinder machine to produce many smaller rolls.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Load cores into the rewinder hopper with all of the arrows facing the same direction
2. Place the master roll on the spindle shaft and prepare to unwind
3. Examine the first roll produced and make minor adjustments, if needed
4. Gather the rewound rolls and place in a gaylord
5. Replace the master roll as needed
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
2. Working knowledge of EG, Gauge Micrometer, tape measure, footage counter
3. Knowledge of mechanical functions of edge trimming and converting.
4. 0-2 Years experience
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
1. Ability to lift heavy objects, up to 50 lbs.
2. Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb ladders, bend, lift, and reach.
3. Adheres to safety standards and wears personal protective equipment (safely glasses required)
4. Noise level is usually loud.
5. Exposure to dust and vibration.
6. Frequently exposed to manufacturing chemicals.
7. Exposure to machinery and mechanical moving parts.
"*" indicates required fields